The Buffalo's last stand: F2A-3s at the Battle of Midway
The November 2009 issue of FineScale Modeler includes Adding Detail, a special supplement with tips on detailing to improve your models. Bart Cusumano converts a Tamiya's 1/48 scale F2A-2 kit into a Marine Corps fighter in this special section. Here is a little history of Brewster's Buffalo and a gallery of the fighter in action. The following essay and images can only be found on FineScale.com.
This image taken in August 1942 shows a Brewster F2A-3 fighter, piloted by Lieutenant Commander Joseph C. Clifton, in flight.
Photo by National Archives
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online