Rusting up an old Impala
In the July 2011 FSM, Karl Logan models a junker after a car he found at a racetrack near his Pennsylvania hometown. Here's more information on his techniques for adding snow and making the model's base.
May 25, 2011
|After my Impala was built and painted, it was time to add the snow and groundwork. First I prepared a wooden plaque with a few coats of varnish and let it dry. Then I mixed Celluclay in a plastic container with a little white glue and white acrylic paint. I wrapped the mixture in an old T-shirt and squeezed out excess moisture. The more water in the Celluclay when it's applied, the more it will shrink and crack later.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online