Airfix 1/72 scale Supermarine Spitfire PR.XIX
As Airfix continues to recover from its 2006 bankruptcy, it is introducing a line of new 1/72 scale aircraft, including this Griffon-engined photo-reconnaisance Spitfire.
December 18, 2009
|The Spitfire is a favorite of aviation buffs all over the world, and it’s always been a popular modeling subject. Airfix has found a gap in the roster of available Spitfire kits, producing a photo-recon version. The kit has a wheels-up option, a pilot figure, a separate rudder, and markings for postwar British and Swedish aircraft. |
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online