Minicraft 1/144 scale E-3 Sentry AWACS
Just as Boeing modified the 707 airliner to create the E-3 Sentry for the U.S. Air Force, Minicraft added parts to its long-standing 707 kit to model the AWACS airframe.
December 18, 2009
|Given the expense of new molds nowadays, Minicraft has hit on a very efficient way to create a new release – pack a few new parts into an existing kit, print new decals and voila! it’s a new product. Such is the case with Minicraft’s new E-3 Sentry AWACS, a modified version of its previously released Boeing 707.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online