Tamiya 1/32 scale Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX
There have been many kits of Supermarine’s iconic fighter, but few with as much detail and neat engineering as offered in Tamiya’s new 1/32 scale model.
December 18, 2009
|The Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX was intended to be an expedient, more powerful version of the famous fighter to cope with the Luftwaffe’s new Fw 190. As it turned out, the design was so successful that more than 5,000 were built.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online