Revell Germany 1/24 scale Volkswagen T1 "Samba Bus"
It might be hard to find a more quintessentially ‘60s vehicle than the VW microbus. Revell Germany’s kit captures it well.
March 8, 2010
Revisiting a vintage subject with new tooling, Revell Germany presents a Volkswagen T1 23-window “Samba Bus” (the name given to the deluxe-trim 23-window van with the large, folding canvas sunroof). It’s much more comprehensive than either the 1950s vintage Revell 1/25 scale 21-window van or the more recent curbside Hasegawa 23-window van.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online