Trumpeter 1/32 scale Super Tomcat
Serving as the U.S. Navy’s first-line fighter from 1974 to 2006, Grumman’s Tomcat needs little introduction. Trumpeter’s first kit represents the D model Super Tomcat, the last production variant.
March 8, 2010
|Trumpeter’s new 1/32 scale Super Tomcat comprises a super-big pile of parts. The moldings are impressive, showing fine recessed panel lines and restrained rivet detail. There’s a full complement of missiles: six AIM-54 Phoenix (“Buffalo”), two AIM-7 Sparrow, and two AIM-9L Sidewinders. Also provided are a pair of AIM-120 AMRAMM (not carried by the F-14D), an AN/AAQ-25 LANTIRN pod, a pair of laser-guided training rounds, and two fuel tanks.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online