Platz 1/144 scale A-4E and A-4F Skyhawk
Platz includes parts for two complete jets in the box. Now all we need is a 1/144 scale Essex- or Midway-class carrier to display them. Or maybe a Christmas tree?
May 7, 2010
|The diminutive A-4 Skyhawk was a successful 1960s attack jet, and Platz’s new kit is a pint-sized masterpiece. As is common for Platz, the box contains a pair of kits along with three decal choices. The molding is exquisite, with finely engraved details – if you want to see how to do rivets in 1/144 scale, this is the kit. The detail is so fine that parts preparation has to be done carefully to avoid damage (such as the fuel-dump valve at the base of the fin).|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online