Italeri 1/48 scale Arado Ar 196A
Like the American OS2U Kingfisher, Germany’s Arado Ar 196 was a shipborne, versatile World War II floatplane. It was well-known for serving on Kriegsmarine warships like the Bismarck and Graf Spee. Some were also deployed from coastal bases.
June 29, 2010
|Italeri’s brand-new Ar 196 finally gives us a mainstream-manufacturer 1/48 scale kit of this interesting aircraft (previously only available as short-run kits). The kit is neatly molded in gray plastic with no flash or ejector-pin marks. Options are limited to underwing racks, bombs, and a nifty beaching dolly.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online