Moebius 1/32 scale “Battlestar Galactica” Colonial Viper Mk.II
Like Rebel ships from “Star Wars,” Galactica’s Vipers take a beating. Aaron used weathering powders to make Starbuck’s fighter look like it’s tangled with a more than a few Cylons.
July 12, 2010
|The original “Battlestar Galactica” was pretty cheesy, but the Colonial Viper was a great-looking fighter. When the reimagined BSG premiered on the SyFy channel in 2003, I was intrigued to see what the new Viper would be like. I wasn’t disappointed. The Viper Mk.II hits all the right design cues – three engines, triangular wing arrangement, long nose – but it’s been updated with wing sweep and more curves. (And they added maneuvering thrusters to give it more realistic physics!)|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online