Airfix 1/48 scale Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1/3/4
Airfix captured the lines and look of the early Emil in an easy-to-build kit packed with options.
September 8, 2010
|Folks, this is a nice kit. The box art shows Adolf Galland’s Bf 109E-4. Inside the box, three sprues of gray and clear plastic are individually bagged. The large-format, 12-page instruction booklet includes a brief history and written instructions with icons in 43 clear, error-free steps. Four-view color and markings drawings and a parts map are provided on a separate page. A decal sheet of flat-finished images has markings for three aircraft: Bf 109E-1, -3, and -4. Moldings are crisp with no flash, minimal mold seams, and small sprue attachments. The engravings are consistent and in scale.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online