AFV Club 1/35 scale Nashorn
Armed with an 88mm gun, the Nashorn, German for rhinoceros, was an effective tank destroyer that served from 1942 until war’s end.
October 5, 2010
|AFV Club’s Nashorn kit is its first based on the PzKpfw IV suspension. The sprues are molded in a dark yellow styrene; vision blocks, scopes, and gunsights are molded in clear styrene. There is a small amount of flash, usually on the smaller parts, and a few mold seams and ejector-pin marks that need to be removed. AFV Club has captured all of the detail, down to the smallest part, so be prepared to spend a lot of time on your hands and knees looking for parts that jump off your tweezers. Many of the parts are attached to the sprue from the bottom. As I removed each part, I sanded the remaining nub down to the part to help prevent damage. Also included is a metal gun barrel, photoetched-metal fret, springs for the travel lock, vinyl springs for the gun, nylon string for the tow cable, and wire. AFV Club has added its 88mm ammo set to fill the ammo lockers. A color poster of the box art is also included.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online