Revell Germany 1/700 scale Battleship Tirpitz
Adding aftermarket decals and photoetched-metal railings, AA guns, radars, and other fittings could make this model kit a contender in any contest.
February 4, 2011
|Sister ship of Germany’s legendary battleship Bismarck, the Tirpitz was launched in the spring of 1939. Although she was about three meters longer than Bismarck — making her Germany’s biggest battleship — she was largely held from action for fear of her being sunk as Bismarck was in May 1941. Tirpitz spent most of the war moored in Norway, where she was attacked several times before finally being sunk by Royal Air Force Lancasters in November 1944.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online