Dragon 1/350 scale USS Independence CVL-22
With small parts and lots of photoetched metal, the fine detail in this model kit is obvious, especially in the radar dishes, anti-aircraft guns, and the Avengers, Hellcats, and Dauntlesses on the deck.
May 2, 2011
|The Independence-class light carriers were a stopgap solution for the U.S. Navy in World War II as nine Cleveland-class light cruiser hulls were converted to small carriers. They were not the ideal ships, but they proved to be indispensable as the Americans advanced across the Pacific.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online