Wingnut Wings 1/32 scale Gotha IV
With a 30" wingspan, Wingnut Wings’ Gotha is a big model — and it doesn’t skimp on the details.
May 2, 2011
|Wingnut Wings continues to impress with its 1/32 scale offerings. In this case, it is the astounding addition of a Gotha G.IV — impressive in smaller scales, and positively door-jamb challenging in 1/32 scale. In typical Wingnut style, a luxurious instruction booklet doubles as a reference while detailing construction of the 400-plus parts in the kit. A sheet of photoetched-metal details includes jackets for the three machine guns, seat belts for the crew, a front gun ring, screens for the rear gunner, and other fine details. Two huge decal sheets present five options and include many stencils. A nice feature is the option to use bulged tires for a load-bearing look — handy, since my Gotha was going to be fully bombed up.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online