Kitty Hawk 1/48 scale Lockheed F-94C Starfire
October 5, 2012
Brand-new Kitty Hawk Models’ first plastic mode kit is a 1/48 scale Lockheed F-94C Starfire. The kit comprises 125 injection-molded parts on three sprues of soft, light gray styrene, one clear sprue, three steel ball bearings, and a sheet of photoetched metal. The decal sheet is printed by Cartograf and includes markings for two colorful aircraft; as always with Cartograf, the printing is crisp and in perfect register. The engraved panel lines are fine and consistent across the airframe. The flaps and rudder are molded separately but cannot be posed. The exhaust and afterburner are realistically deep. Tires have a slight bulge/flat spot molded on.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online