Platz 1/144 scale C-46D Commando
July 1, 2013
One of the prime postwar users of the C-46D Commando was Japan, which explains the motivation for the newest 1/144 scale plastic model kit from Platz. The kit is broken down logically into a reasonable number of parts, and the molding is first-class. A simple cockpit is included, along with detailed landing gear and gear doors. The engines are not left out, either, having complete cylinder and crankcase details. Thankfully, I can tell you the four-blade Curtiss-Electric propellers are molded in one piece. The wheels have separate hubs with petite detail — a very nice surprise in this scale. Painting these was a breeze!
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online