Italeri 1/72 scale F-35A Lightning II
January 6, 2014
Italeri’s new 1/72 scale F-35A Lightning II plastic model kit should not be confused with its previous X-35 kit or with Fujimi’s F-35B STOVL version. Molded in Italeri’s standard soft gray styrene, the parts have good recessed and raised details. Wings are molded with the fuselage in upper and lower halves. These and the engine and afterburner parts are on one sprue, which indicates to me that other versions of the jet may come with alternate fuselage/engine sprues. A full engine is provided, but only the afterburner will be seen. The canopy is molded in clear styrene, but the real ones are tinted.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online