Hasegawa 1/32 scale Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai "George"
March 6, 2014
The Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai (Violet Lightning Modified, Allied reporting name “George”) was one of the primary Japanese Navy fighters at the end of World War. Strangely, its origins can be traced back to a floatplane fighter design (Kawanishi’s N1K1 Kyofu, or Mighty Wind).
This all-new N1K2-J finally provides a modern alternative to the ancient Doyusha “George.” Hasegawa’s kit is beautifully molded in neutral gray plastic and provides a complete engine, drop tank, pilot figure, open/closed canopy options, and posable flaps.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online