Eduard 1/72 scale MiG-15bis
July 8, 2014
Eduard’s 1/23 scale MiG-15bis (second) plastic model kit features optional photoetched-metal interior pieces, masks for the clear parts, a posable canopy, and optional parts for some of the variants. There are markings for five aircraft: Cuban, East German, Egyptian, and two Soviet.
In the cockpit, you have a choice of plastic pieces and decals or photoetched-metal pieces; I chose the latter, gluing them down with Microscale Micro Metal Foil Adhesive. It was hard to hold onto the throttle quadrant, let alone glue it in place. The cockpit and pilot seat are painted ocean gray; likewise, the intake ducts were painted aluminum and installed on either side of the cockpit.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online