Merit International 1/35 scale M19 Tank Transporter
July 8, 2014
Merit International has made a splash with the M19 as its first 1/35 scale plastic model release. It’s a big model: 698 plastic parts molded in dark yellow, with clear-styrene lights and windows. There are also 37 vinyl tires, two photoetched-metal frets, and a piece of string for the winch cable.
Flash and knockout marks are minimal and easily removed, but there are many mold seams to be remove; be careful, because the many small rivets hidden within these seam lines are easy to damage. An abundance of small parts adds detail, but if you are all thumbs (like me) you’ll spend a lot of time on your hands and knees looking for fugitive bits.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online