Moebius Models 1/6 scale "Lost in Space" Robot B9
July 8, 2014
Aurora issued a 1/11 scale model of B9 in the 1960s that was reissued by Polar Lights in the ’90s. Now, Moebius Models has produced a 1/6 scale plastic model kit of B9.
The kit is molded in gray and clear plastic with dark gray vinyl for the arms and legs, which can be built retracted or extended. Three photoetched-metal grates are supplied to go behind the lower torso vents. Sadly, the head dome, while clear and free from distortion, had to be molded in two halves. That leaves an obvious seam around its circumference. But, in fairness to Moebius, it is hard to see how it could have been molded otherwise.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online