Special Expanded Review - Revell 1/48 scale Stearman biplane
July 8, 2014
After a decades-long wait, modelers can finally welcome a newly tooled 1/48 scale Stearman plastic model kit to compete with the vintage Lindberg kit. Reflecting current molding technology, Revell’s Stearman is loaded with petite surface details, including such finery as a combination lock on the baggage compartment. The interior is graced with an abundance of detail, tubular structure is well represented along the full length of the fuselage, and the engine accessory bay lacks only wiring and tubing for a well-furnished look.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online