Enter keywords or a search phrase below:


Submit a glossary term to FSM

Have a term for our glossary that you want to share with other FSM readers?

Tell us about it!   Submit your term to FSM now »

Search our glossary of modeling terms by alphabetical index:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
OR use keywords to search for definitions:

Your Search for 'D' returned 6 results:

Liquid or gel used to dissolve super glue. Especially useful for freeing stuck fingers.

Thin, printed transfers used for lettering, markings, and national insignia. Their adhesive is activated by water, so they’re sometimes referred to as “water-slide” decals.

A miniature scene, often including vehicles and figures, in a natural setting.

Applying a small amount of paint using an almost dry paintbrush. A method used to accent raised details or simulate wear and weathering.

dry fit
Test-fitting parts for alignment before cementing them together.
dry transfers
Printed transfers (similar to decals) that are applied without the use of water or other solvents. Dry transfers often have pressure-sensitive adhesive and are “rubbed down” into place.
Enterprising builds

Enterprising builds

Build the USS Enterprise.
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.