Enter keywords or a search phrase below:


Submit a glossary term to FSM

Have a term for our glossary that you want to share with other FSM readers?

Tell us about it!   Submit your term to FSM now »

Search our glossary of modeling terms by alphabetical index:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
OR use keywords to search for definitions:

Your Search for 'F' returned 4 results:

filler putty
Used to fill gaps between kit parts.

Extra material left on a model's parts from the molding or casting process.

FS / Federal Standard

The Federal Standard color system. Adopted in the mid-1950s to standardize equipment and camouflage colors, this U.S. system uses five-digit numbers to identify paint colors.


Officially “Pledge Future Floor Shine” in the U.S., this household floor-care product is used by modelers to enhance clear parts, as a high-gloss base for decals, or for high-gloss finishes.

Airbrushing acrylics

Airbrushing acrylics

Tests, tips and techniques.